My Background and Counselling Experience
I am an experienced Counsellor & Psychotherapist and a Registered member of the BACP and ensure that the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling & Psychotherapy guides my practice.
I attend regular and on-going clinical supervision/consultative support for my work in accordance with professional requirements and to ensure that I am working with you to the very best of my ability. I have also completed the BACP certificate of proficiency.
Alongside my private practice I work in a specialist area, as a Counsellor with both male and female survivors of sexual abuse, sexual exploitation and sexual violence.
I also teach counselling and confidence building classes/groups.
For over 20 years, I have worked in a variety of job roles in Disability Services, both in the NHS and also in Social Care.
I hold the following professional qualifications:
- Dip.Therapeutic Counselling
- PTLLS Teaching qualification
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 6 Clinical Supervisor
- Relationship Counselling (Couples Counselling)
- Understanding the Skills of Effective Counselling
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
It has been invaluable to my continued professional development to regularly attend further courses/training events, in order to increase my knowledge and skills.
Here are a selection:-
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Issues
- Working with family affected by substance misuse
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Abuse
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Post Traumatic Dissociate Disorder
- Creative Therapy
- Domestic Violence & Abuse
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Sexual, Emotional & Physical abuse
- Safeguarding Children
- Mental Health
- Managing anger effectively
- Anxiety & Depression
- Healing from the loss of a relationship,
- Introduction to drama therapy.
You are welcome to see my portfolio at the commencement of therapy if you wish to do so.
Regular and on-going clinical supervision/consultative support is central to my work.
Essential to maintaining good practice is my commitment as a practitioner to monitor my work and keeping up to date with the latest knowledge and responding to changing circumstances. This is to ensure that I am working to the very best of my ability with you.
I hold full Professional Indemnity insurance.
I hold an Enhanced CRB Disclosure Certificate.